Saturday, May 24, 2008

Are We Having Fun Yet?

"Falling in love at first sight is understandable.
It's staying in love that's the miracle!"

Five fun things my true love and I have done together lately:
  1. Written and rewritten a book.
  2. Chosen paint for his new office.
  3. Watched Inspector Morse for the 100th time.
  4. Waited for the air conditioning repairman to finish.
  5. Looked at maps.
Ten things I've been thinking about:
  1. I think people fall out of love if they don't look for reasons to stay in love.
  2. I think love is a verb. It is something you do, not something you expect.
  3. I think a woman isn't grown up until she takes responsibility for her own happiness.
  4. I think it's a shame that many women see a spouse or children as the cause of their downfall, and suppose that success comes only after they are free of them. This sad belief is everywhere!
  5. I think couples who speak kindly and lovingly to each other will be happier.
  6. I think we need to check the map and see if the road we're on is taking us to the place we want to go.
  7. I think the weather segment on the 10:00 news has become way to long. (Just checking to see if you're still reading.)
  8. I think it's too bad that some women are nicer to a stranger than they are to their husband.
  9. I think that you can't work on togetherness if you're never together.
  10. I think a good marriage takes a lot of practice.
Thirty eight years ago Dee and I fell in love at first sight.
It was fun.
We fall in love over and over, as we gain insight.
That is even more fun!





10 comments:

Christie said...

I wholeheartedly agree with this. It makes me sad to see good friends of mine so critical of their husbands. I, for one, am so grateful for mine!

MissKris said...

It was 34 years ago Dear Hubby and I fell in love at first sight, too. I agree with all you had to say here, too. When people ask us what our secret of being happy together has been, we tell them it's because we're independently dependent upon each other...we're a team, but we respect each other's need for space to pursue our own interests, too. We don't live in each other's pockets.

Ashlee said...

Congrats! I love your deep thoughts and fully agree with all of them.

diane said...

My favorite on the second list is #3. #10 is really important too. We are coming up on 24 years of marriage! That will be more years married than unmarried WOW!

Anonymous said...

Wow, to be able to co-write a book with ANYONE is amazing -- it's so intimate, so part of your own fiber. But to co-write a book with your spouse/love, that's even more amazing. To emerge from the experience still in love? Well, hats off to you both!

Shirley

mama jo said...

that was beautiful...wish mine was around...

al + sar said...

Very true...Im still new at this marriage thing and I know I have alot to learn! Congrats!

clair said...

What a sweet post. i wholeheartedly agree.

Travelin'Oma said...

I want to see if I can add symbols to comments.♬♬✮

Travelin'Oma said...

Can I add a heart?♡♥❤