Thursday, October 22, 2009

Family Matters Seminar: Postcard of Strength

Strengthen the Family

"If you want your children to keep their feet on the ground,
put some responsibility on their shoulders."
—Ann Landers


I learned something about this when I went on Pioneer Trek.

Homework: Do any or all or be inspired.

~Write about a time when you felt a heavy responsibility. What did it teach you? Prompt: "I didn't think I could do it. I________"

~One mother wrote, "Don't do anything for your kids that they could do themselves." How do you feel about that statement?

~Another mother wrote, "My job is to put myself out of a job." List 10 things kids need to learn to become self-sufficient.

*If you do any part of this assignment on your blog, please link it back to TravelinOma and provide proper attribution. Leave a comment here (with a link to your homework if you want to share it) and/or a link to your blog (so we can get to know you.) School Days has open enrollment so join anytime. No make-up work required! If you're new, click here for an orientation.


8 comments:

kenju said...

I love the Landers quote. It is so true. I confess to not doing that as much as I should have when my kids were young, but somehow they turned out fine anyway. Luck was on my side.

Alana said...

http://jnac.blogspot.com/2009/10/practice-makes-perfect.html

Diane said...

So true!
week 8 day 4

audrey said...

This ended up being very timely for me, in many ways.

Here.

Misty said...

My 10

dalene said...

Done.

~j. said...

This was excellent -- a list-y assignment, something to reference. Thank you!

debby said...

a good list to put to paper as i start out my young family.

to raise an independent child