Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Beauty Secret




I was telling my little granddaughters that being beautiful is about more than makeup. I said when they are kind to each other, and show love to each other they are beautiful. Later I wanted them to tell their mothers about this important lesson. It had been totally forgotten by then. When I asked what makes a girl beautiful their answers were "Lipstick." and "Eyebrow pencil so you can see your eyebrow color."

One mom gave a hint. "Why is Oma beautiful, even though she doesn't have any make up on? Three-year-old J knowingly answered, "Because she's dressed modestly."

3 comments:

kenju said...

What a curious answer from such a small girl!



Marty, I will send your questions as soon as I have had some time to prepare them. Thanks!

Joy Des Jardins said...

What a great answer...and what a beautiful little face. So kissable.

MissKris said...

Out of the mouth of babes!