Thursday, November 15, 2007

Kidspeak


Jake giggles hysterically. His mom tells him not to be so silly. More giggling follows. Mom again suggests he settle down.

Jake: Hee-hee-hee...having an evil laugh--that's what life is all about!



Emmie is discussing her book.

Emmie: Do you know why Junie B. thinks she can get what she wants? Because she just always tells people she wants it. That's what I do.



Jake tells me he likes basketball. I say I do, too.

Jake: I don't think so. You're pretty old. The only things for you to do are read stories, take naps and drive.



Emmie finishes off her mom's Diet Coke regularly. When I took her to Wendy's and she wanted another drink, I told her she could have mine.

Emmie, suspiciously: What's in it?
Oma: Coke.
Emmie: Not Diet Coke?
Oma: Just regular coke.
Emmie: I'm not allowed.

Later, she was discussing choosing the right with her mom.

Emmie: When people do evil (they seem to like the word evil) do they have to get baptized again?
Mom: Sometimes.
Emmie, proudly: When Oma wanted me to drink her special drink, I said "No."

7 comments:

Celia Fae said...

Maybe you should get out the coffee and really shock her. She could use that story in Primary for years!

Stie: My Favorite Things said...

Way to try and poison the grandchildren with your addictive elixir!

These were HILARIOUS. I love the things kids say. So funny!

marta said...

drive/read/nap/coke. that pretty much sums up your life, doesn't it?! hee, hee. mom, you're the best. those kids love a little evil deed to remember you by.

gab said...

I'm glad my kids have a "telestial" Oma...

gramakas said...

It is always humbling to get the grandkids perspective... just remember that "no good deed goes unpunished". I don't know what that means but I think you may have gotten some "punishing" along with your good deed! Truth:
Kids say the darnest things (in the sweetest, most innocent way!)

Jessica said...

What a fun grandma. The (almost) best thing about my mom is that she appreciates my kidspeak as much as I do.

moon said...

lol, thats just too cute! and I had no idea u were a coke pushing oma lmao!