Ten Random Blessings
- My grandma taught me to file my nails in one direction (towards the center.) It makes them stronger—sawing back and forth makes them split. Even manicurists do it wrong.
- I learned to draw a box, in perspective with lines toward a horizon, in seventh grade. It is one of my most enjoyable doodles.
- Scott taught me how to do Quicken five years ago. Now I know when I'm overdrawn.
- Brookstone makes palm-sized personal fans and I have one.
- I can afford real butter, real vanilla and good mascara.
- ♫ My home, sweet home.♫
- We can fast forward through commercials.
- Peter, Paul & Mary songs.
- After 30 years Dee's Salzburg costume fits again, proving he's fit.
- Our 1995 miracle Suburu held out for 240,000 miles . . .
. . . and gracefully stepped aside