Saturday, May 26, 2007

LIttle girls, little girls....

Remember this woman?

We were beginning to wonder if it was all an elaborate hoax, but last night it happened! Two little girls arrived in a perfect delivery: thirty-eight weeks (exactly on time for twins), no Cesarean needed, 7 minutes apart and each weighing in at almost 6 pounds.

Eliza needed a little oxygenation and was quickly whisked away to the NICU, where she is doing fine. Jill (who apparently took her sister's breath away,) is comfortably settled in her mother's room. So far they haven't seen each other in real life and we haven't seen them together. Hopefully tomorrow they'll be able to compare notes on the world, and we'll be able to compare them.

The big sisters are very excited. Lucy wondered if the babies could do the monkey bars yet. Chelsea mostly liked the buttons that made her mom's bed go up and down.



Mom and Dad are both doing great. Four daughters under 3 and 1/2....no problem!


Oma can't go to church tomorrow. She's recovering.

8 comments:

Bev said...

They are beautiful....she's going to really have her hands full with those girls so close together....WOW! I can't imagine doing that again at my age, which is surely why we have our children when we're young!!

Jake said...

Hi Oma...this is Emmie. I like the pictures of the baby twins. They are so cute. I like them because they are my new cousins! They are so tiny. I can't wait to see them when I come to visit. They are super twins.

Christie said...

I think you should take the next four or five Sundays off...just in case you're not fully recovered yet. Better yet, I'll take a few weeks off here so as to vicariously help with your relaxation!

Cute, cute, CUTE babies!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh Congratulations Marty....and to everyone! They are just adorable. Oh how crazy it's going to be....crazy and wonderful. Four beautiful girls....WOW Oma!

kenju said...

What gorgeous babies! Just wait until all those girls decide to get married! I hope daddy makes a lot of money between now and then!

mama jo said...

the babies are so beautiful...and so are the big sisters...what a fun time they are all going to have...it's a good thing you're resting...you're going to be running hard...

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I'm just entering the stage where grown kids move toward partnerships - it's like learning to be a parent all over again. The OMA phase is still some time away and it's great to have such a gifted and wise trailblazer to follow. The girls are too adorable for words.

Polly said...

I loved the pictures of the babies..Heidi looks cute evenn pregnant with twins. She will be a great mom as you have been and still are. I think you deserve a year off of church so they can go. That would be real service and I am sure you would be blessed.. I would like a sign up sheet to go around for Sunday tending jobs. I want to be first after you.