Monday, October 20, 2008

Thought Process

Just Thinking...

I can't write anything because I have so much to write. Do you ever feel like that? I've got a little notebook full of random thoughts I want to expound on, but I haven't had time to do any of them justice. Notes piled on my desk are starting to yell at me. Unorganized pictures in iPhoto nag me; collected quotes, underlined in red and stacked on my bench, are losing their punch; the constant reminders in my day-timer are making me defensive. I feel henpecked by my blog, overwhelmed by my own expectations.

Many topics arouse my passion at the moment: new mothers, old mothers; new brides, old brides; new babies, old babies; health care, Obama; being rich, being poor. Posts on Poland and golf carts and lost credit cards and cameras and singing and reading are pulsing in my fingertips. But my brain is so crowded I can't find anything.

I need to sift through my jumbled thoughts, process what's worth keeping, and put the rest in storage. I can't write with a messy mind.


6 comments:

Bev said...

time to take a moment and breathe!

(in with the good air, out with the bad air)

rest a bit, then I'm sure you'll be able to put it all out there

(sorry to hear about a lost credit card, however, that can be a real pain to get taken care of -- good luck!)

kenju said...

You did pretty well with this one.....LOL :-)

Kay Dennison said...

I understand -- it's almost worse than writer's block. Just relax and the most worthy ideas will rise and write themselves.

And thank you for all the lovely photos and stories of your European adventures!

Keri said...

Swirling thoughts and beautifully disorganized ideas that you long to share with those who surround you.

Congratulations! You've achieved the mark of a truly exquisite writer.

Anonymous said...

It's a good problem to have. ;)

And as kenju said, I wouldn't be too worried, you did great with this one!

Something delicious is bound to rise to the top! Can't wait to see what it is!

marta said...

mom, now i realize where i get my mind! i feel exactly the same way. which is why i'm reading your archives for advice. must get back to my studies.