Thursday, July 17, 2008

Survival Skills

Will

Ten life skills we learned in the woods:


Who's who?

Every thing's easier with a friend.


Jake sharpens his skills

When you're having fun,
it doesn't seem like work.


Straw relay

Sometimes you have to just suck it up.


Stars in her eyes

It's a big surprise when your kids grow up.


Anna Jo

Cool people are cool in all circumstances.


Oma tent

"There's nothing like having grandchildren
to restore your faith in heredity." ...Doug Larson


Reflection

You can learn a lot if you ponder what you see.


String together some memories.

A person who smiles is fun to be with.


A walkie-talkie

We can get lost if we don't communicate.


On the path

Hold hands and stay together.


7 comments:

MissKris said...

What lovely photos...and a good time was had by all, by the looks of it! I'm reading this at 3:45 am my time, Oma...we must both be a couple of insomniac nite owls this evening, since my Blog Roll said you wrote this 3 hours ago! *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures. Thanks for sharing your family.

Christie said...

So I take it no one tried to burn the forest down or get caught in a lightening storm this year? I keep waiting for THOSE pictures. I'll stop now.

kenju said...

You have such a handsome family!

gramakas said...

I have been loving the posts about your summer highlight with the kids and grandkiddies. It looks like it was a huge success!!! So fun when every one comes HERE to visit!

Keri said...

Your grandkids will cherish all of these fabulous photos for the rest of their lives. It's wonderful that you're creating such treasured memories for them to recall.
Oh, and the twins in the stroller - absolutely adorable! What a proud Oma you must be.

Annie said...

I love the glimpses into this fun tradition. Ideas for my mental someday-I'll-be-an-Oma-too folder :)
You have beautiful grandkids!