Monday, July 7, 2008

A Gathering of Heroes

Little Cottonwood Canyon

It was a pristine, verdant land.


Trailblazers July 4, 2008

Weary from their travels, the pioneers said:
This is the place.

Pete and Anna lived on the east bench.

The first dwelling was erected on the shore of the creek.


There were eight tents in all.

Soon a colony sprang up.

A two-bedroom tent

The architecture was garish against the lush green foliage.


Larsons provide the flag ceremony.

A standard was raised.


4th of July Pledge

It would be a land of opportunity for all.

Do you see the spooky images in our fire?

Unseen faces observed the settlers suspiciously.


9 comments:

Boskey said...

Hi Oma,

Welcome back, we have been missing you around here. Looks like the trip was great!

diane said...

I hope you had fun. I've only slept in a tent once. I'm not much for camping.

The World According To Me said...

Love the pictures. Looks like fun.

I can see a horse in the fire!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Looks like a great time to me.....what fun! I bet you have some great stories for us.

Hannah said...

It is so beautiful there. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Christie said...

Yes, yes, but get to the sick kids. And any forest fires set. And how un-fun it really was (just trying to make ourselves feel better).

Jake said...

Can't decide which is scarier...the fire face or my face without makeup.

kenju said...

I haven't been camping since I was 12, and I don't intend to do it again, but I do love being in the woods and around bodies of water, like small creeks. Look forward to your pix.

Sheri said...

Welcome back. I'll bet you have stories to tell. Can't wait to hear them.