Monday, June 13, 2011

Writing Workshop For Kids


"If there's a book you want to read but it hasn't been written yet,
then you must write it."
—Toni Morrison

This summer I'm hosting Oma's Write Stuff Workshops for interested grandkids. I was sure I'd find a book on Amazon or an online curriculum that would make it easy, and there were a few to choose from:
Everything I found was a bit too fancy, complicated or heavy, so I decided to write my own. Stop by tomorrow and observe our first workshop!


P.S. I can't tell you how much your comments and emails have meant to Dee and me the past few days. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Friends from high school (even elementary school!) former neighbors, long-lost cousins and far-flung folks from the blogosphere—you are all appreciated. Your support has buoyed us up.

We met with the doctor again on Friday, and learned more about cancer than we ever wanted to know. Dee's probably had this for a couple of years already, but since it's slow-growing, he can wait a few months until Medicare kicks in before we decide which of many treatments would work best for him. In the meantime he had a $900 shot of hormones to slow things down. It was a roller coaster week, but we feel like we're back on the ground, ready to start a new chapter in our life. I'll keep you posted!

♥♥♥








4 comments:

marta said...

i'm proud of you oma. you guys never quit doing your best. we're here for you while you re-create yourselves. lots of love and prayers.

p.s. can't wait for the workshop!

Diane said...

Just when you think you've got life figured out, something new comes your way.

I guess that's what life is really all about.

Christie said...

The little writer in this house will be ALL over a writer's workshop. Thanks for the awesome motivation for her to keep writing.

Tracy said...

Oma,
I've been absent for a time so I missed your past post. I went back to read it and I can only imagine how far your heart dropped into your toes. What a shocking bit of news to be told and my, so glad you have your faith, family and friends. With all of those tools, you will conquer this dreaded "C" word...Bless you and you are in my prayers..