Thursday, September 17, 2009

Family Matters Seminar: Quiz Time


Final Exam!

What's your opinion on family matters? Answer these questions yes or no.
  1. I usually celebrate my birthday with family.
  2. I try to participate in my extended family functions and gatherings.
  3. If my friend's birthday and my nephew's birthday fell on the same day, I would go to my nephew's birthday party.
  4. I would love to spend New Year's Eve with my family.
  5. Most of my movie outings and picnics are with family.
  6. I know all my cousins.
  7. In case of any great news, I inform my relatives (siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.) first.
  8. If I have any problems, I share them and consult with my family.
  9. My family is a good support to me.
  10. I support family members in their times of need.
  11. I can name my children's best friends.
  12. I can name my partner's best friends.
  13. I know what stresses my partner is currently facing.
  14. I know the names of some of the people who have been irritating my partner lately.
  15. I can tell you some of my partner's life dreams.
  16. I can tell you about my partner's basic philosophy of life.
  17. I can list the relatives my partner likes the least.
  18. I feel that my partner knows me pretty well.
  19. When we are apart, I often think fondly of my partner.
  20. My partner really respects me.
  21. I respect my partner.
  22. I notice what my partner does for me and express appreciation.
  23. My partner generally likes my personality.
  24. I like my partner's personality.
  25. At the end of the day I am glad to see my partner.
  26. I listen respectfully to my dad, even when we disagree.
  27. I am beginning to understand my mom.
  28. I check up on my married siblings often.
  29. I have developed friendships with my brothers/sisters-in-law.
  30. I occasionally call my aunts and uncles just to say hi.
  31. I am trying to forgive family members who have treated me poorly in the past.
  32. I know my grandmother's maiden names.
  33. I know my great-grandparent's names.
  34. My kids know what my dad did for a living.
  35. I am consciously trying to strengthen my family.
Think about the questions you answered "no." Do they matter to you?



Essay questions. Choose two.
  1. What does your family count on you for?
  2. If one of your relatives were to brag about you, what would they say?
  3. What praise or acknowledgment have you gotten from your relatives that is meaningful to you?
  4. Name five qualities of your mom or dad that you most respect or admire.
  5. Which of those qualities are also true about you?
Grade yourself on your relationship with your family.



*School Days Final Exams are every day this week. I'll be out of town, unable to check your work until the weekend. Please leave a link to your exams in my teacher's box, because I love reading what you write! (Class Reviews next week.)

*If you do any part of this assignment on your blog, please link it back to TravelinOma and provide proper attribution. Leave a comment here (with a link to your homework if you want to share it) and/or a link to your blog (so we can get to know you.) School Days has open enrollment so join anytime. No make-up work required! If you're new, click here for an orientation.





9 comments:

audrey said...

I may not excel at writing, but family is something I do pretty well with!

Here.

J, K, L, and D said...

I posted!
http://jarednkatie.blogspot.com/2009/11/another-homework-post.html

Diane said...

Here's today's exam and questions. What will I do with my time when this course is done? :)
here

Misty said...

Thank you, Oma!
Final

crissy // mama boss said...

Today was such a good day, and look! I even finished my homework!

diane said...

This is very thought provoking. Sometimes I feel like the glue in my family and sometimes I am the whistle blower. Nobody likes the whistle blower. She rocks the boat.

KJ said...

http://sassypiggy.blogspot.com/2009/11/school-days-quiz-time_14.html

Mrs. O said...

A family is an ever changing organism, just when I think I've got it and my role in it figured out, something new enters the picture. I've had an 'A' in family relationships before, but right now I'm somehwere in the 'B's. Homework.

dalene said...

done. (part of it was done privately.)