Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Book Shelf Seminar: Quiz Time

Das Buchworm by Karl Spitzweg

Final Exam!

Are you a bookworm?

  1. Do you own more than 100 books?
  2. Do you read any book or magazine that is handy?
  3. Have you ever read the cereal box?
  4. Do you have a membership with the local library?
  5. Do you go to the library more than once a week?
  6. Would you rather read a book than go out with friends?
  7. Do you visit the bookstore more often than you do your mother?
  8. Do you wear glasses? If so, was reading the reason you got them?
  9. When asked your favorite hobbies, do you reply with a single word "reading?"
  10. Have you ever stayed in bed all day reading?
Essay question: Leave a comment about the book you're reading right now.

(I'm reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. It's one of the best books I've ever read. Click on the title to read rave reviews.)

TravelinOma at The Tattered Cover

*School Days Final Exams are every day this week. I'll be out of town, unable to check your work until the weekend. Please leave a link to your exams in my teacher's box, because I love reading what you write! (Class Reviews next week.)

*If you do any part of this assignment on your blog, please link it back to TravelinOma and provide proper attribution. Leave a comment here (with a link to your homework if you want to share it) and/or a link to your blog (so we can get to know you.) School Days has open enrollment so join anytime. No make-up work required! If you're new, click here for an orientation.





16 comments:

diane said...

I am a bookworm!

I gifted The Help to a friend. Now I will have to read it next.

kenju said...

I said yes to everything except #5 and 6. I am reading Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood and another book about Jackie and Bobby Kennedy (lent by a friend).

tawnya said...

I am so a bookworm...

I just finished The New York Mormon Singles Regional Halloween Dance by Elna Baker. Next up is Bright Side of Disaster by Katherine Center.

Amy said...

I am a starving bookworm, desperate for quality literature.

Yesterday I was reading "Wizard's First Rule" until I stumbled upon gratuitous violence and sex. Yuck. I was SO disapointed that I wanted to burn the book but it belongs to the library. What an utter waste of what could have been a good story. I'm going back to Shakespeare.

polly said...

i love to read, yes, I've stayed in bed all day long on several occasions just to finish a book. my dad put glasses on me when I was in first grade to help me read better. I can't sit down to eat breakfast without a newspaper, I can't wait for anything in less I have something to read. I would say my favorite hobby is reading!

Diane said...

Here's my final:
here

The Help is such a great book - one that definitely needs to be discussed with someone else when you are done!

~Kristina said...

Right now I'm reading Three Cups of Tea.

Holly said...

I am definitely a bookworm.

Loved, loved, loved The Help.

I am reading The Good German right now by Joseph Kanon. I recently finished The Spies of Warsaw that was on your WWII list and really enjoyed it. I didn't know I was a fan of espionage, turns out, I am.

Lisa said...

No doubt I'm a bookworm!

I'm reading The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood ... and it breaks my heart that her fiction came out of such a sad reality.

After reading these comments, I'll be looking for The Help!

Jake said...

Glad you like The Help!

I'm reading Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. Not Shakespeare, but it's a nice break from Isaiah...which I'm also reading.

audrey said...

The Help is on my list to read. I'm excited to get to it.

Here is my final. I forgot to post my comment when I posted my blog entry... Oops!

KJ said...

Surely a bookworm, since the age of three. I often stayed up all night to read an entire book: nancy drew, beverly cleary, louisa may alcott, LM Montgomery).

I just finished Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. (Oh my!) and since I don't have the next book in that series, I've started Hawaii by James Michener. Still plowing through the beginning chapters of lava forming the islands (yawn) but I'm told that getting past that is well worth it.

crissy // mama boss said...

Sorry so late. My quiz.

The book I'm reading right now is an inspirational quote book called I believe in you.

Mrs. O said...

I'm feeling guilty that I can say yes to #7. I should probably re-examine my priorities.

I usually have 3 books going at once. I've just finished The man Who Loved Clowns by June rae Wood(about a girl coming to terms with both her love and embarrassment for an uncle with Down's Syndrome - a worthy read), and I'm slogging through A Year in the World by Frances Mayes (I can't seem to read more than a few pages about Italian food before I get hungry and have to go make myself a snack), and Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (I enjoy books about self discovery even if they are a bit selfish).

KJ said...

and here is my quiz: http://sassypiggy.blogspot.com/2009/11/school-days-quiz-time_15.html

dalene said...

i just sent cold sassy tree back to the library unfinished. i'm in a book funk. can't find anything i haven't been able to put down. how sad is that?