Thursday, November 29, 2007

Check Your Papers


If you didn't read yesterday's post, read it before you read this one, so you can take the book quiz.

(I've provided a little blog noise so a new reader can't accidentally glance ahead--hurry and scroll forward past the book stalls picture and don't read the answers before you've read the questions!)

a;lskfjas;ldkfjas;dls;ldfkas;dflksd;lfkas;dflkasdl;kasd;flksad;lkasd;lfksad;flksf;laskdf;slkdf
a;dkja;ldkas;dlfka;sdlfkas;dflkas;dflkjasd;flkasd;flksdf;lakdf;lsf;lsdjkfa;ldfa;sldkfal;sdkfjd
;lfad;lasd;lasdf;lasdf;aslkjdf;saldfas;ldkfas;dfljasl;dfkjas;dlfkjas;dlfkas;dflkasd;lfkasdflkas
a;kdja;ldkja;lsdkfa;lsdfka;sldfkas;dfkljasl;dfka;ldfkaj;dflkajsd;flkasdflkajsd;fkajdf;lkajsdfj
al;kjd;laskdj;laskdf;alsdkfja;sldfkas;ldfkjas;ldfkjas;dflkjas;dlfkasd;flaksdf;lasjdf;laskdf;la
;aldjas;ldkas;dlkasd;lfkasd;laksd;lkasdf;alskdf;lskdl;asdkas;ldasldksld;kalsdkas;ldfksdda;s


Book Quiz Answers:
  1. Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier (if you haven't ever read this, you absolutely must.)
  2. Winthrop Woman by Anya Seton (another of my favorites.)
  3. Berlin Game by Len Deighton (I love any Cold War spy novel.)
  4. Trick Question (This could be a lot of books by Danielle Steele, and others.)
  5. The Water is Wide by Pat Conroy (made into the movie Conrack. Both are good.)
  6. Christie by Catherine Marshall (very uplifting.)
  7. Inspector Lynley books by Elizabeth George (I love these, but they aren't for the squeamish-rated R)
  8. Hatchet by Gary Paulsen (a great book for kids, too.)
  9. To Kill a Mockingbird (the best.)
  10. Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow (don't go back and read what I said about it, just get it and read it. It's also a movie with Harrison Ford. Both rated R.)
Everybody leave a suggestion for a book we should read!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the quiz and I have read most of the books. I don't care for Cold War or spy novels, so I would never have gotten the answer. One small thing: Pat Conroy wrote about his experience in The Water is Wide about teaching on an island off the coast of South Carolina (not the Caribbean), where the people spoke Gullah.

Anonymous said...

I just reread my comment and I would like to hasten to add that I recently found your blog and enjoy it very much. I hope my original comment was helpful rather than hurtful.

mama jo said...

i've read them all except the one...Berlin..sounds good...in the old book vein,...my favorite..Katherine...

Travelin'Oma said...

Thanks notmuchofacook for your comment. I read the book a long time ago and am sketchy on the details. I'm glad to have your input!

Linsey said...

Is it revealing too much of myself that I can never take back to say that I love that you recommended R-Rated books? I'm a bit of a not-so-closeted R-rated reader myself.

Have you read Kate Chopin's "Awakening?" Or, I just finished "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" by Amy See. Both are good reads...