Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Guest Post:Parisian Oma

Chloe when she was 5. She's now 8.

As you can tell, this is a guest post by me, Chloe.

First I'll give you tonight's menu. First is some chicken breasts, frog-eye salad, and raspberry parfait salad. Cranberry sauce to go on the chicken, water for drinks, and for dessert mint brownies(Opa brought us this meal).

It's about 6:10 P.M. right now, and it's raining.
My parents are in Paris for their tenth anniversary right now, and Oma's babysitting us. So far they've been to the Eiffel Tower, L'Arc De Triomphe, the Norte Dame, some museum(where they saw Van Gogh, Seurat, and another artist I don't remember), River Seine, and a street market.

I was begging to go with them and this is how it went:Me:Can I come with you too? Parents:No. Me:PLEASE! Parents:No. Etc. So as you can guess, I'm not in Paris. I'm in same old Utah, doing the same old things, at the same old times.

Anyway, I just finished a really good book(if you're a fan of the Baby-sitters Club, stay tuned), and it's called:The Baby-Sitters Club:Babysitters Summer Vacation! Super Special #2. Long title, ain't it? Anyway, the babysitters in this book are Kristy, Mary Anne, Claudia, Stacey, Dawn, Jessi, Mallory, and Logan and they decide to go to Camp Mohawk for two weeks. Plus, a lot of their babysitting charges are going to camp too! The babysitters are Counselors In Training(except for Jessi and Mallory; they're junior CITs)and the charges are campers. It's a pretty good book, especially with Nonie the lisper and Old Meanie.

Here's my favorite conversation."Where are the bathrooms?" asked Freddie."They're separate buildings, group bathrooms."replied Charlene."EW!"everyone screamed.FROM DAWN'S CHAPTER. Hee hee hee.

I
'm Chloe, I was blogging for myself and also for my Oma, so peace out!



9 comments:

Alyssa said...

sounds delicious!

Diane said...

Chloe: great post! I think some of your Oma's writing talent got into your blood.

I liked your book review. My daughter Audrey loved, loved, loved the Babysitter books. I love to read too - although I've never read one of the Babysitter books. I'll have to try them.

Misty said...

This post rocks, Chloe! Claudia was always my favorite babysitter. I think I read every one of those books, including the Super Specials (and I think a Christmas Special one, too.) Sorry that you couldn't go to Paris with your parents, but it sounds like you're having a blast with your cute Oma. :)

Kay Dennison said...

Frog eye salad? Recipe please!!!!

Amy said...

Chloe, it's great to hear your voice come through in your words. You truly are an amazing writer, sweetie! Hopefully next time we come to Paris, you'll be old enough to come with us. You'll love it here! Love you!

Christie said...

I think she's got a future in blogging...

whit said...

Great post..i love the Babysitter club as well..read them all the time. Hope Amy and Scott are having a great time.

marta said...

chloe! what a fun guest post! i loved reading the Baby-Sitter Club Books myself and was thrilled when i read in the newspaper last sunday that Ann M. Martin is coming out with another book! i think it's a prequel. maybe i can borrow your copy after you read it!! xo. have fun with oma!

Susan Adcox said...

What fun! This summer I'm going to have my 13-year-old granddaughter and her almost-6-year-old sister at my house for two whole weeks while their parents are in Europe with their 18-year-old sister. I'd love to hear your suggestions for successful grandma-sitting. Just be sure not to hurt Oma's feelings!