Monday, November 23, 2009

Know Any Old Ladies?


"I know an old lady who swallowed a pie . . .
A Thanksgiving pie, which was really too dry.
Perhaps she'll die."

She swallowed some cider, a roll and a salad,
"she was looking quite pallid
after that salad . . . "

And then the old lady swallowed a turkey.


"Her future looked murky, after that turkey!
She swallowed the turkey to go with the salad . . .

She swallowed a roll to go with the cider,
That rumbled and mumbled and grumbled inside her.

She swallowed the cider to moisten the pie,
The Thanksgiving pie, which was really too dry.

Perhaps she'll die."



" I know an old lady who swallowed some bread.



"I'm full," she said.


Read the whole story before you start gobbling!

6 comments:

crissy // mama boss said...

Oh, gracious! I must own that... I love a good laugh.

Christie said...

I love that story. And feel slightly like that old lady on Thanksgiving day.

Jake said...

We've been reading it every night for weeks now!! The twinkies love it.

the wrath of khandrea said...

we have that book. it cracks me up. have a great thanksgiving!

kenju said...

I feel like that lady now!

What marvelous illustrations!

The Grandmother Here said...

I put that book on my wish list at Amazon.com for the grandchildren next year. Thanks!