Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Remembers


"The truth is, I would rather do nothing with you,
than something with anybody else."
—Leigh Standley

1969:
There was a poem on a calendar and I asked Dee to translate it.


"This is what it means," he said:

"You are mine, I am thine.
This you must always remember.

You are locked inside my heart,

and the tiny key is lost.

You must stay inside forever."


Our hearts were opening to each other. We were getting ready to invite each other in, and we were completely unaware of what that would mean . . . forever. Immer noch.

On Valentine's Day I always link to my favorite romantic tale:
Our Love Story .

Have you written yours?

4 comments:

Christie said...

You guys are so cute. Your love story is one of the best.

The Grandmother Here said...

That's a great picture of Dee. (I can't tell whether it's a photo studio or the location of a research project. Oops, I'm missing the point again.)

Kay Dennison said...

I don't have one that ends happily. Sigh.

The Grandmother Here said...

Kay: Everything will be fine in the end. If it's not fine then it's not the end.