Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas is Light


The snow was glistening in the sunshine when I sat down by the window with my book. I got so caught up in the story, and it happened so gradually, I didn't even notice the sun going down, and the shadows that crept into the room. Mom walked past a while later and asked, "Why are you sitting here in the dark?" and then she flipped on a light.

The action and suspense of my everyday drama sometimes takes over and I lose sight of the Son. Shadows creep in and I start to dim out. Luckily Christmas comes along and turns on the light.


Everything looks brighter!

5 comments:

Christie said...

I have used that analogy in many a lesson, and it's even more awesome when applied to Christmas. Well done, you.

the wrath of khandrea said...

this has happened to me so many times during the holidays, that i have set a goal to keep this year simple and focused. so far it is going really well, and i feel such an increased capacity to breathe, love, and share. it just makes so much more sense. thanks for the poignant comparison!

craigandlissa said...

That was a great analogy, and just what I needed to hear. Thanks so much for sharing!

Kay Dennison said...

Indeed it is!!!

Misty said...

Need this today! Perfect analogy.