Friday, July 30, 2010

What Can You Do?

Marta, 2010

mwrites is on a quest to make us feel good about ourselves with her How-To Series. She says:

"the how-to series was created to encourage confidence in creativity. to focus on what we can do rather than what we can't. i am excited to showcase your talents and unique ideas."
'Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.'
- John Wooden

She invited her readers to send a guest post on something they know how to do. They responded big time, with how-to posts on a huge variety of topics: how to cut a birthday cake, how to cope with losing a baby, how to photograph a child, how to shop for swimsuits and many more.

Today I was featured. I explained How to make an Oma kit. Check it out, and think about the hundreds of things you know how to do. (We're all pretty awesome in our own way.)

Marta and Marty show how to eat dough.

5 comments:

kenju said...

I'll have to come back when I'm finished working today - that's a must read for sure!

Heather Scott Partington said...

Love it. I might need to make a Mommy kit...

Hannah said...

loved you idea! my mom would be all over it. i forwarded it her.

you are such a fun oma.

Grandma Lizzie's House said...

Great idea having kits for the grandkids. I too am a great cookie dough eater!

Susan Adcox said...

Wonderful post! I love how you tie some of the activities to the way people did things in the past. Much better than those preachy stories that begin, "When I was a little girl . . ."